- Home /
- News / Labour Crime Chiefs around the country warn of Brexit security risks
Labour Crime Chiefs around the country warn of Brexit security risks
Labour Police and Crime Commissioners from around the country warn that Brexit would endanger our country and communities, not protect them.
They argue that “From bringing peace to Europe 70 years ago, to making 21st century Britain more secure from crime and terrorism, staying in the EU means security and stability.”
Britain’s EU membership is vital to our security – it keeps Britain safe.
- The European Union gives us strength in numbers – whether it’s threats from terrorism, organised crime or international threats we are safer working with our allies.
- The European Arrest Warrant means that we can arrest criminals across the EU. We would lose access to this warrant if we left.
- Thousands of criminals and terrorist suspects have been brought to justice thanks to our EU membership.
- EU intelligence sharing and police cooperation plays a crucial role in the UK’s fight against crime and terrorism.
Leaving the European Union risks the fight against crime and terrorism – it could mean we are no longer able to use the European Arrest Warrant and our ability to counter terrorism and international crime would be severely undermined.
The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.
Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.